Take a Break is the UK’s biggest selling women’s weekly magazine.
Selling your story to Take a Break
* Makes sure your story is seen by the right editor in the right department.
* Ensures your copy is read back to you prior to publication.
* Gets you the best deal – we shop around to check no magazine can pay more!
* Ensures you are always paid.
* After your story has appeared in Take a Break, we can sell your story on to a second magazine, sell your story to a newspaper, or arrange for you to appear on TV and even abroad. You are paid every time your story is printed so this hugely increases your earnings!
Want to sell your story to Take a Break? Find out if Take a Break will buy your story by contacting us here:
About Take a Break magazine. Published every Thursday, it devotes itself to true, real life stories of ordinary everyday women – their loves, their triumphs, their children and it also loves fun, weird and wacky stories.
To sell your story fill in the form to the right of this page>>>
Take a Break loves stories about women of all ages from all parts of the UK. Although it sometimes sends a professional photographer to take a photo, often it runs stories using photos from interviewee’s own photo albums and stories are written as the interviewee tells them to the writer.
Take a Break pays up to £2000 for stories it publishes but the average payment from magazines for stories that go over two pages is between £300 and £500 – and can be smaller for stories that take less space than a page. Their top payment is only made for very sensational stories. Payment depends on your story and is at the discretion of the editor.
See a small selection of stories we’ve placed in Take a Break and you can read the latest Take a Break stories here.
Want to sell your story to newspaper instead?
Click here: Sell my Story to a newspaper
Want to sell your story to another magazine?
Click here: Sell my Story to a magazine